MasterTrans 10 TO-4
The Oilman Group Pty Ltd
Head Office: 40 – 42 Merchant Crescent. Pooraka, SA 5095
Ph: 08 8262 9399 | Fax: 08 8262 9499
National Emergency Response System on 1800 023 005
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
- Product Name: MasterTrans 10U.N. Number: Not applicable
- Hazchem Code: Not applicable DG Class / Sub Risk: Not applicable
- Manufacturers Code: 3710 Poisons Schedule: Not applicable
- AS 1940 Class: C2 Use : Tractor/Earthmoving Equipment Transmission Oil
Physical Description / Properties
Appearance: Light Amber Liquid Odour: Mild
Boiling Point: > 316 c ph: Not applicable
Melting point: Not applicable
Pour Point: – 16c
Viscosity @ 40 c, cst: 36.0
Viscosity @ 100 c, cst: 6.5
Vapour Pressure (mm of Hg at 25 c): < 0.1
Specific Gravity: 0.885
Flash Point: 267 c (IP 36/ ASTM D-92)
Flammability Limits: LEL Not established , UEL Not established
Solubility in water (g/L): Negligible
Chemical Entity (CAS No) Proportion
REFINED MINERAL OILS > 90
OTHER INGREDIENTS < 10
All components are registered in accordance with the Australian Inventory of Chemical Substances.
HEALTH HAZARD INFORMATION
HEALTH EFFECTS: No significant effects expected
- Swallowed: Practically non-toxic (LD50: greater than 2000 mg/kg)
- Eye: Practically non-irritating (Draize score: 0 to 6 or less)
- Skin: Practically non-toxic (LD50: greater than 2000 mg/kg) Practically non-irritating
(Primary Irritation Index : greater than 0.5 but less than 3)
- Inhaled: Not applicable
CHRONIC: Refer to health effects above
Toxicity | Irritation
. Oral Dermal Inhaled Eye Skin
(MHC): 0* 0* NA 0* 1*
Assigned codes 0-4 with 0 indicating lowest MHC
Classification: NA = not applicable, NE = not established, C = corrosive
* indicates estimated code based on testing of similiar products and/or the components
- Swallowed: Not expected to be a problem when ingested . If uncomfortable seek medical attention.
- Eye: Flush thoroughly with water . If irritation persists, call a doctor.
- Skin: Wash contact areas with water.
- Inhaled: Not expected to be a problem, but move any effected person to fresh air.
ADVICE TO DOCTOR: Treat symptoms with reference to specific health effects identified above
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE
Exposure standards: 5.00 mg/M3 suggested for oil mist ( Refer Worksafe Australia Exposure Standards)
Engineering Controls: No special requirements under normal conditions of use and with adequate ventilation.
- Eye protection: Normal industrial eye protection practices should be adhered to.
- Skin protection: No special equipment required. However, good personal hygiene practices should always be followed.
- Inhalation: No special requirements under ordinary conditions of use and with adequate ventilation.
- Flammability limits: LEL Not established, UEL Not established
SAFE HANDLING INFORMATION
Storage and Transport:
- UN No.: Not applicable
- Shipping: Not applicable
- Hazchem code: Not applicable
Dangerous Goods Class/ Subsidiary Risk: Not applicable AS 1940 Class: C2
Spills and Disposal:
Contain and absorb on fire retardant treated sawdust , diatomaceous earth etc . Shovel up and dispose of at an appropriate licensed waste disposal site in accordance with current applicable laws and regulations and product characteristics at the time of disposal.
Product is suitable for burning in an enclosed controlled burner for fuel value or disposal by supervised incineration.
Such burning may be limited by the local authority.
In addition the product is suitable for processing by an approved recycling facility or can be disposed of at any licensed waste disposal site.
Use of these methods is subject to user compliance with applicable laws and regulations and consideration of product characteristics at time of disposal.
Fire/Explosion Hazard: Combustible. Not flammable under conditions of use.
Flash Point: 267 c (IP36/ASTM D 92)
Flammability Limits: LEL Not established, UEL Not established
Extinguishing Media: Foam, Dry Chemical, CO2 and water fog.
Special Fire fighting Procedures: Water or dry foam may cause frothing. Use water to cool fire exposed containers. Water spray may be used to flush spills away from exposures. Prevent runoff from fire control or dilution from entering waterways, sewers or drinking water supply.
Special Protective equipment: For fires in enclosed areas firefighters must use self-contained breathing apparatus.
Unusual Fire and Explosion Hazards: None
Other information: Reactivity Data
- Stability (Thermal, Light etc.): Stable
- Conditions to Avoid: Extreme Heat
- Incompatibility (Materials to avoid): Strong Oxidisers
- Hazardous Decomposition Products: Carbon Monoxide
- Hazardous Polymerization: Will Not Occur
Oral Toxicity (Rats): Practically non-toxic (LD 50: Greater than 2000 mg/kg ) based on testing of similiar products and/or the components.
Dermal Toxicty (Rabbits): Practically non-toxic (LD 50: Greater than 2000 mg/kg ) based on testing of similiar products and/or the components.
Inhalation Toxicity (Rats): Not applicable. Harmful concentrations of mists and/or vapours are unlikely to be ecountered through any customary or reasonably foreseeable handling , use or misuse of this product.
Eye Irritation (Rabbits): Practically non-irritating. (Draize score 0 or greater, but 6 or less) based on testing of similiar products and/or the components.
Skin Irritation (Rabbits): Practically non-irritating .(Primary Irritation Index : greater than 0.5 , but less than 3) based on testing of similiar products and/or the components .
Subchronic Toxicology (Summary):
Severely solvent refined and severely hydro treated mineral base oils have been tested at the Mobil Environmental and Health Sciences laboratory by dermal application to rats 5 day/week for 90 days at doses significantly higher than those expected during normal industrial exposure. Extensive evaluations including examinations of internal organs and clinical chemistry of body fluids, showed no adverse effects.
Chronic Toxicology (Summary):
The base oils in this product are severely solvent refined and/or severely hydro-treated. Chronic mouse skin painting studies of similiar oils showed no evidence of carcinogenic effects. These results are confirmed on a continuing basis using the Mobil Modified Ames Test.
Representative solvent refined mineral oils have not caused skin sesitization in guinea pigs.
It is believed that the information given in this bulletin is accurate at the issue date. It is offered in good faith, but without guarantee and without acceptance of responsibility for its accuracy.
We pursue a policy of ongoing research and development aimed at product improvement and therefore may change the formulation, specification and characteristics of its products without notice.
It is the users responsibility to verify the current formulation, specification or characteristics of a product, and to ascertain that it is suitable for an intended use or application.
DATE : Jun 20 2014.